Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Doily Pumpkins

 So I am the girl that only likes flowers that match my house. I decorate for Christmas with white and silver and I don't decorate for fall. So I was trying to think of a way to bring some fall into the house with too much orange and I came up with doily covered pumpkins. This project probably took 10 minutes and when you are done just peel off your doilies, wash them and they are good as new. The step by step instructions are below images.

Doily Pumpkins:
Materials Needed: 1 Pumpkin, 4-6 Doilies (Vintage), Liquid Starch (Wal-Mart).
1. Pour starch into a bowl and dip doilies in the liquid starch
2. Place starched doilies on pumpkin and stretch until flat
3. Continue placing doilies until the pumpkin looks they way you want it too
4. Let it dry over night
5. Wipe off excess starch.
6. Enjoy

11 comments:

  1. oooo so pretty and elegant! I love it! Thanks for the beautiful idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is the prettiest pumpkin i ever did see. :)

    Dom
    Craftedblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very very very nice! I like it sooooo much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO so so so so so SUPER!!Your pumplin rocks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this Allyson! You're so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so simple and stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Allyson,

    What a cute project! I love it so much that I decided to feature it in our roundup of doily crafts! Check it out here: http://www.favecraftsblog.com/doily-crafts/

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous!
    Tiffany C
    x
    www.fromyourstruly.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Many thanks for the article, I have a lot of spray lining knowledge but always learn something new. Keep up the good work and thank you again.홈타이
    홈타이
    홈타이
    홈타이
    홈타이
    홈타이
    홈타이
    홈타이
    홈타이
    홈타이

    ReplyDelete